Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Tooth Fairy Comes A Little Early

Last weekend we had a minor incident. Well, if you ask Rhett it was pretty major. There was a lot of blood, I think Papa was sweating, and there were most definitely tears.

Steve's story goes like this...
"I was laying still on the floor watching TV when Rhett came around the pool table and tripped over the carpet. He flew over my legs and hit his mouth on the wooden built in- knocking out his left front tooth."

Rhett's story goes like this...
"I was going around the pool table and Papa tripped me. I hit my mouth really bad. That wasn't very nice of him. I'm really, really sad about my tooth."

But, the ending is the same...
Two separate dental bills later (one to put the tooth back in and one to take it out again), a fifth of Tylenol with Codine, some bubble gum laughing gas, and way too many visits to the dentist we are without a tooth.  Rhett is letting his gums heal for a month and then he will get his new "pretend tooth".

The only up side is that he is that the Tooth Fairy came early and he is one fake tooth away from being just like his Papa.
Our Toothless boy.
Rhett's tooth. Root and all.

Rhett was scared of the Tooth Fairy and wouldn't let her come into his room to collect the tooth. Instead, he left a note telling her that his tooth was over there...way down the hall.
 The Tooth Fairy left a surprise in his tooth pillow. Glad we already had this pillow handy!
 The Tooth Fairy's teeny tiny note that she left for Rhett.

1 comment: